A new article over on Script Mag with my key takeaways after viewing time-travel romance Needle in a Timestack through the lens of what can be learned from both a storytelling and structural standpoint.
1. Begin with a compelling, personal, emotional opening
2. Study the art of efficient explainers
3. Explore big ideas in a personal context
4. Don’t let time travel questions unravel the story
5. Reckon with universal themes
6. What stories do we want to tell about women?
7. A different take on a villain
Image courtesy of LIONSGATE